|Kind of work:
| The Laboratory Acoustics/ Noise Control offers an internship position for assistance in the following project: Laboratory experiments on the role of facades on acoustics in street canyons
Street canyons in urban areas with a high building density exhibit challenging acoustic environment for the residents. On the one hand, due to the dense population, roadway and general neighborhood noise levels are typically high. On the other hand, the (multiple) reflections between the opposite facades not only enhance the noise level and consequently noise annoyance, but also can influence the speech intelligibility and acoustic comfort. In the course of an ongoing project, the Environmental Acoustics Group is investigating to what extent the facade geometry and absorption influence noise annoyance and acoustic comfort.
The tasks of the student and the milestones would be adjusted accordingly.
- Assistance in acoustic measurements (on-site and/ or in the laboratory)
- Audio signal processing for preparing the material for playback (example MATLAB scripts exist)
- Assistance in designing and preparing an experiment
- Data preparation for statistical analysis (examples exist)
- Assistance in statistical analysis of the data
- Assistance in documentation and presentation
- Bachelor/ Master student at a university or a university of applied sciences: essential
- Student in one of the fields engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, or psychology: essential
- Basic knowledge and elementary experience of/ with MATLAB: beneficial
- Basic knowledge of acoustics, environmental acoustics, and/ or audio signal processing: beneficial
-Basic knowledge of perceptual psychology, hearing, or psychoacoustics: beneficial
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis (in SPSS, Excel, or MATLAB): beneficial
The scope of the project is scalable.
Research and development
|Number of weeks offered:
|Max. deduction to be expected:
||approx. 10 % Social security AHV/IV