|Kind of work:
| High level description:
o Newer Mobile phones are capable of tracking dual frequency GNSS signals which would allow for better accuracy. The newer phones are also giving access to the raw measurements so that Apps can be build to provide higher accuracy. Having positioning as a service (e.g. via cloud) is a concept which seems more and more interesting.
o The internship has 2 main objectives:
▪ See how Septentrio algorithms can be used in order to provide higher accuracy using off-the-shelf chips embedded in mobile phones.
▪ See how our algorithms (or our PPSDK – postprocessing SW) could be run in the cloud for serving either mobile applications or other systems
o Algorithm search:
▪ Obtain test data of mobile phones (capable of DF tracking) in different environments and make use of Septentrios post-processing engine in order to process all the data from the mobile phones
▪ Create a report based on the results obtained
o Running on cloud:
▪ Make a simple prototype App (either mobile or desktop) which can process mobile phone data from the phone. The data would be sent to a server where PPSDK (post-processing SW) can be run in a cloud like system and data can be returned back to the mobile app.
Research and development
|Number of weeks offered:
|Max. deduction to be expected: